Granola Bar Addict? Yes I admit that is one of my many titles (along with frozen fruit obsessor).
It’s so hard for find granola bars that are good for you in stores without being super overpriced. I’ve heard amazing things about KIND bars, along with other brands, but they’re just more expensive than I would want to pay for a granola bar. And so, this is where this recipe steps in.
Vegan, oil-free, and sweetened with only the natural taste of nature – these granola bars will satisfy your tastebuds just as they did for mine.
you will need:
- 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts of your choice (I used almonds)
- 1/2 cup flour (I used organic sprouted spelt flour)
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup whatever dried fruit you want tbh (maybe dates)
- apprx. 1/4 cup water**
- preheat oven to 325 degrees
- prepare a baking pan with parchment paper
- put flour + oats into a medium sized bowl
- chop up your nuts + dried fruit if they aren’t chopped already and add to the bowl
- add 1/8 cup of water and mix the mixture with your hand
- keep adding water until it’s not too dry and the batter is one big ball
- add the batter onto the prepared pan and press firmly down until it’s flat
- use a sharp knife to cut the mixture into squares in the pan
- bake for around 20-25 minutes
- bake all the way through. it’s supposed to be a little soft and not completely hard. this will vary with each person’s ovens so make sure to check your bars at around the 15 minute mark.
**note: the amount of water you need depends on the mixture you have at hand. if you think it’s too dry, add a bit more water. only do a 1 tbsp. increment at a time so you don’t add too much.