this was my first time baking bread. and my first time baking banana bread. and my first time using apples in baking. and my first time using applesauce at all. this was a bread of firsts – and it was certainly a good one.
it tastes good with almond butter and more banana coins on the side or just by itself!
this bread is vegan and has gluten free options as well! i used oat flour (which is gluten free) and you may use other gluten-free flours if you wish. you can also substitute the oat flour for same ratio of all-purpose or whole wheat too if you don’t have any oat flour on hand.
you will need:
- two ripe bananas
- 1 3/4 cup of flour (I used oat flour)
- 1 peeled and diced apple
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- any other toppings you desire; you can also sprinkle a bit of oats on top like i did!
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- mash bananas in a medium bowl
- add in rest of ingredients (excluding the diced apples and whatever other toppings you chose to have) and mix well
- line your baking pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray
- fold in the apples and pour into baking pan
- add toppings
- bake for 40-50 min. or until completely cooked (insert a toothpick in the center until it comes out clean with no crumbs)