new blender means quicker smoothies. and a shopping trip to costco means huge boxes of strawberries and blackberries. both of these things makes me a very happy girl.
because the blackberries have a lot of seeds, when I blend this smoothie, it actually doesn’t get ground up and instead stays in the mixture. I don’t really mind it as much because it gives it an interesting texture. but if you think you’d mind the little crunch, then you are forewarned.
you will need:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 handful spinach (yes this is a “green” smoothie in disguise)
- 1/2 cup of strawberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- a splash of water
- i like to put a bit of water in first to get my blender moving.
- then add the banana, chunk by chunk.
- blend until smooth.
- add the spinach; blend until smooth.
- add strawberries and backberries
- blend until smooth, or to the consistency you wish.
variations: by using frozen berries or bananas instead of fresh ones, you can thicken up the consistency.